Why We Love Pianos!
In honor of Valentine’s Day, we thought we’d come up with some reasons why people love their pianos! There are so many reasons why both adults and children benefit from the study of a musical instrument. Here are just a few reasons to inspire you to learn the piano:
- Music is very central to our lives and brings us all so much happiness. It can give us an emotional and creative outlet.
- Playing an instrument is an excellent source of pleasure and fulfilment and it can also provide a deep sense of satisfaction.
- The piano provides both melody and harmony; therefore it can be played solo without any accompaniment. This is not the case with many other musical instruments (like the clarinet or violin which only produce one line, usually the melody line, so an accompaniment is always needed).
- Mastering the piano requires a tremendous amount of coordination so this can cultivate many useful mental skills. It really focuses your mind.
- The study of music is an extension of the learning process so children who excel at piano playing often do well at school too.
- Playing the piano provides a ready-made opportunity to perform. Performing is so important for everybody. If practiced regularly, it builds confidence – which is crucial for success in all walks of life.
- It can develop a passion and an interest in life.
- It’s fun!